Performance tune up
When Performance Counts!
This Service is offered with a 30 Day Money Back Satisfaction Guarantee!
The performance tune up increases the output of the radio by approximately 50%. The receiver gain is typically 30-40% over stock specs.
This modification includes the following changes in order to enhance the radio's performance.
- Turning up the Transmitter's wattage
- Adjusting the modulation for maximum output without distortion
- Modifying the mike amp circuit for more gain when necessary.
- Aligning the receiver for optimum signal to noise ratio.
- Adjusting the squelch range
- Calibrate the transmit and receive meter settings.
- Frequency adjustment to zero tolerance on AM & SSB.
- Perform a complete check of all functions.
- Perform a visual of the circuit board for cold joints and flaws.
A properly tuned radio should be loud but also clear. Gimmick type modifications such as super mods are not offered at Clays Radio Shop. Integrity and Ethics are important to the Company and our Employees. Each employee takes pride in his/her work. The goal being a satisfied customer. If you are not 100% satisfied with the performance of the radio after any of our tune ups just call for an RA number. We will put the radio back to stock specs and refund the entire amount originally charged for the service. You pay the S&H to us and we will pay for it back to you. (Ground UPS only)
If you intend to use an RK56 or an Astatic 636 noise canceling mike we must be informed. More than likely the mike amp circuit of the radio will have to be modified in order to achieve the correct percentage of modulation.
If you intend to use a noise canceling mike specify this in the note section when placing the order .