When Performance Counts!
This Service is offered with
a 30 Day Money Back Satisfaction Guarantee!
The Performance tune up increases the output of the radio
by approximately 50%. The receiver gain is typically 30-40%
over stock specs.
This modification includes the following changes in order
to enhance the radio's performance.
- Turning up the Transmitter's wattage.
- Adjusting the modulation for maximum output without distortion
- Modifying the mic amp circuit to produce more modulation
- Aligning the receiver for optimum signal to noise ratio.
- Adjusting the squelch range
- Frequency adjustment to zero tolerance on AM and SSB.
- Frequency counter display calibration. (If applicable)
- Calibrate the Transmit and Receive meter settings.
- Perform a complete check of all functions.
- Perform a visual of the circuit board for cold joints and
tuned radio should be loud but also clear. Gimmick type
modifications such as super mods are not offered at Clays
Radio Shop. Integrity and ethics are important to the Company
and our employees. Each employee takes pride in his/her
work. The goal being a satisfied customer. If you are not
100% satisfied with the performance of the radio after
any of our tune ups just call for an RA number. We will
put the radio back to stock specs and refund the entire
amount originally charged for the service. You pay the
S&H to us and we will pay for
it back to you. (Ground UPS only)
If you intend to use an RK56 or an Astatic 636 noise canceling
mic we must be informed. More than likely the mic amp circuit
of the radio will have to be modified in order to achieve
the correct percentage of modulation.
If you intend to use a noise canceling mic specify this in
the note section when placing the order.