wattage modification (For CB Radios)
You Are Serious About Performance You Will Love This
This Service Comes
With a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee!
This modification increases a CB radio's output
significantly. With gain of approximately 100% more output
wattage over the basic Peak and Tune. It involves an in depth
redesign of the CB's transmitter strip including replacing
the transmit final with a larger more powerful transmit final.
In addition this modification includes all of the following:
- Redesign the transmitter strip.
- Replace standard transmit final with higher wattage transmit
- Adjusting the modulation for maximum output without distortion.
- Modifying the mike amp circuit for more gain when necessary.
- Aligning the receiver for optimum signal to noise ratio.
- Adjusting the squelch range
- Calibrate the transmit and receive meter settings.
- Frequency adjustment to zero tolerance.
- Perform a complete check of all functions.
- Perform a visual of the circuit board for cold joints and
This modification can be performed on
the following models.
Cobra 25 & 29
Uniden 66,76,68 & 78
properly tuned radio should be loud but also clear. Gimmick
type modifications such as super mods are not offered at
Clays Radio Shop. Integrity and Ethics are important to
the Company and our Employees. Each employee takes pride
in his/her work. The goal being a satisfied customer. If
you are not 100% satisfied with the performance of the
radio after our high wattage mod, just call for an RA number.
We will put the radio back to stock specs and refund the
entire amount originally charged for the service. You pay
the S&H to
us and we will pay for it back to you. (Ground UPS only)
If you intend to use an RK56 or an Astatic 636 noise canceling
mike we must be informed. More than likely the mike amp circuit
of the radio will have to be modified in order to achieve
the correct percentage of modulation.
If you intend to use a noise canceling mike specify this in
the note section when placing the order.