If You Are Serious
About Performance You Will Love This Modification!
This Service Comes
With a 30 Day Money
This modification involves modifications to the transmitter
strip and can increase the output wattage by an additional
50% to 60% over the Performance Tune up.
can be performed on the following models.
A) Galaxy line_Most models
B) Connex 3300 & General Lee
C) The entire North Star line
D) The entire Mirage line
E) The entire Super Star line
The high wattage modification includes all of the following:
to the transmitter strip.
- Turning up the transmitter's wattage.
- Adjusting the modulation for maximum output
- Modifying mic amp circuit to produce more modulation if
- Aligning the receiver for optimum signal to noise ratio.
- Adjusting the squelch range
- Frequency adjustment to zero tolerance on AM and SSB.
- Frequency counter display calibration. (If applicable)
- Calibrate the transmit and receive meter settings.
- Perform a complete check of all functions.
- Perform a visual of the circuit board for cold joints and
properly tuned radio should be loud but also clear. Gimmick
type modifications such as super mods are not offered at
Clays Radio Shop. Integrity and ethics are important to
the Company and our employees. Each employee takes pride
in his/her work. The goal being a satisfied customer. If
you are not 100% satisfied with the performance of the
radio after our high wattage mod, just call for an RA number.
We will put the radio back to stock specs and refund the
entire amount originally charged for the service. You pay
the S&H to
us and we will pay for it back to you. (FedEx Ground or USPS Priority shipping methods only)
If you intend to use an RK56 or an Astatic 636 noise canceling
mic we must be informed. More than likely the mic amp circuit
of the radio will have to be modified in order to achieve
the correct percentage of modulation.
If you intend to use a noise canceling mic specify this in
the note section when placing the order .