Tune up - 10 meter radios
When Performance Counts!
This Service is offered with
a 30 Day Money Back Satisfaction Guarantee!
This performance tune up is for 10-Meter radios, such as
Galaxy, Connex, Ranger and Magnum. This modification
includes the following changes in order to enhance the
- Turning up the Transmitter's wattage.
- Adjusting the modulation for maximum output without distortion.
- Modifying the mic amp circuit to produce more modulation
- Aligning the receiver for optimum signal to noise ratio.
- Adjusting the squelch range.
- Frequency adjustment to zero tolerance.
- Frequency counter display calibration. (If applicable)
- Calibrate the transmit and receive meter settings.
- Perform a complete check of all functions.
- Perform a visual of the circuit board for cold joints and
A properly tuned
radio should be loud but also clear. Gimmick type modifications
such as super mods are not offered at Clays Radio Shop. Integrity
and Ethics are important to the Company and our Employees.
Each employee takes pride in his/her work. The goal being
a satisfied customer. If you are not 100% satisfied with
the performance of the radio after any of our tune ups just
call for an RA number. We will put the radio back to stock
specs and refund the entire amount originally charged for
the service.You pay the S&H to us and we will pay for
it back to you. (Ground UPS only)
If you intend to use an RK56 or an Astatic 636 noise canceling
mic we must be informed. More than likely the mic amp circuit
of the radio will have to be modified in order to achieve
the correct percentage of modulation.
If you intend to use a noise canceling mic specify this in
the note section when placing the order .